Safety Tips For The Holidays
- Keep your tree hydrated! Check the tree’s water level frequently to prevent potential problems.
- Be cautious not to overload electrical outlets and extension cords. These mistakes can lead to dangerous fire hazards.
- Holiday plants may, in fact, make your pets sick. Make sure your poinsettias, holly berries, mistletoe and pine needles are monitored closely.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended!
- Wrapping paper = flash fires! Find a different disposal option than your fireplace.
- The holidays are a great time to check the batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- When cooking, do not leave your boiling, frying, grilling or broiling food unattended.
- Keep your mobile phones’ charger and backup battery with you while traveling in case of emergency.
- Stock your automobile with warm weather gear like blankets, food, water, ice scraper, batteries, a flashlight and even medications you need each day.
Have a safe and happy holiday season!
At Yonke Law we take our results very seriously. We wear them as a reminder to honor your case. Our memberships and awards include:
With more than 20 years of experience fighting for your rights, Yonke Law has been featured on many fine stations and media outlets including:
Michael Yonke proudly carries on the legacy of his father, the late Albert J. Yonke, known as one of the top practitioners of labor law in Missouri and Kansas, in advocating for the working class and the underdogs of Kansas City.