Here are some holiday safety tips from your friends at Yonke Law!
- Keep your tree hydrated! Check the tree’s water level frequently to prevent potential problems.
- Be cautious not to overload electrical outlets and extension cords. These mistakes can lead to dangerous fire hazards.
- Holiday plants may, in fact, make your pets sick. Make sure your poinsettias, holly berries, mistletoe and pine needles are monitored closely.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended!
- Wrapping paper = flash fires! Find a different disposal option than your fireplace.
- The holidays are a great time to check the batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- When cooking, do not leave your boiling, frying, grilling or broiling food unattended.
- Keep your mobile phones’ charger and backup battery with you while traveling in case of emergency.
- Stock your automobile with warm weather gear like blankets, food, water, ice scraper, batteries, a flashlight and even medications you need each day.
Have a safe and happy holiday season!