Fighting For Kansas City Car Accident Victims
Driving a car is essential to our livelihood. As drivers, we often overlook how a car can be a dangerous weapon. Car accidents are the most common type of motor vehicle accident and can range in seriousness from a minor fender bender with little to no injuries to a major collision resulting in death. Car accidents happen suddenly and without warning, and they often leave victims with severe economic damages and physical injuries.
If you were rear-ended, side-impacted, hit head-on or involved in a multi-car pileup, talk with an attorney from Yonke Law LLC in Kansas City, Missouri. We have decades of experience helping injured auto accident victims obtain full and fair compensation for injuries and losses.
Our lawyers will help you get the representation you need and the compensation you deserve.
What To Do After A Car Accident
After you are involved in a car accident, you will probably be in shock, but there are several actions you must take in order to ensure you will be properly compensated for your damages.
- If you are injured, you must seek medical testing and treatment for your injuries immediately.
- Contact an experienced attorney.
- Get the contact and insurance information for the other driver(s) involved in the collision.
- Report the accident to the police and obtain a copy of the police report.
- Photographs should be taken of the scene while the cars are still in accident position, and a proper investigation should be conducted immediately following the accident in order to preserve any evidence as to who is at fault. You should photograph any injuries you suffered as a result of the accident, have your vehicle’s damages assessed and seek an estimate on the repair or replacement cost.
What Not To Do After An Accident
After a car accident, do not admit fault to anyone or apologize in any way. This could be used as an admission that you caused the accident.
More importantly, do not give a statement to the insurance company or accept its settlement offer. Following a car accident, your initial reaction will be to call your insurance company for money to pay for the damages. If the accident was caused by someone else, you may be contacted by that person’s insurance company. An insurance company will offer you a quick settlement that will not come close to covering all of your costs and expenses. You may be tempted to take the insurance company’s offer, but when you accept the settlement, any additional accident-related costs are your responsibility.
Do not accept the insurance company’s offer without talking with an experienced attorney first.
Insurance companies are not concerned about your health and economic recovery. The insurance company’s job is to pay you the least amount of money possible in order to increase the company’s profits. Do not take the quick settlement! The insurance company’s offer is not in your best interests.
Contact Yonke Law LLC ∙ Your Initial Consultation Is Free
Call Yonke Law LLC at (816) 221-6400 to speak with a personal injury attorney today or contact us online to schedule your free initial consultation.
Get A Free Case Evaluation
At Yonke Law we take our results very seriously. We wear them as a reminder to honor your case. Our memberships and awards include:
With more than 20 years of experience fighting for your rights, Yonke Law has been featured on many fine stations and media outlets including: